There are dozens of examples around the country of successful dedicated fitness studios. While there are differences in approach, pricing and style………these studios have survived, and thrived in the face of direct (usually lower-priced) competition from large “box gyms” and health clubs that offer spin as well as multiple other products. These studios are classic “niche” businesses. They are successful for their focus on some combination of the following factors.
1) Focussed Mission. A dedicated studio pays attention to the details and focuses on one thing: the best classes possible. Equipment, sound system, decor, amenities, teachers………are the best available.
2) Convenience. A studio is single purpose, “in and out”, simple, easy to reserve and participate.
3) Flexible payment. In a studio, you can pay “per-class” and when you don’t attend….you don’t pay, or you can often buy monthly unlimited passes if that seems economic.
4) Easy reserve. No waiting in lines, no getting “shut out”, no calling the night before to reserve. You can easily reserve online, show up 2 minutes before the class, and enjoy!
5) Community. A small intimate studio encourages sharing and interaction amongst students if they so desire. Instructors and students interact to optimize fitness, growth and enjoyment.
6) The little things matter. Quality sound, outstanding teachers, attention to detail, lighting, mirrors, equipment, announcing schedule changes and subs, personal touches, amenitites
If you are interested in learning more….in launching your own studio….or streamlining and marketing an existing fitness studio — click here to find out about our consulting services.